Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One Month Old



Wow! Where has the time gone....Yesterday our little man turned one month old. He is so precious and has managed to capture my whole heart, even when he is screaming and not sleeping!!! This past month seems like a blur, and I have tried to take it all in and remember every moment since we wont get them back...this Saturday I plan to have pictures taken so we have our first family photo to remember this moment in time.

Things have been going really well, he is eating like a champ and growing every minute. I am not sure how much he weighs but Brian and I both think he is close to 10 lbs+. We officially retired his newborn clothes and are starting to work our way through the 3-6 months. I tried putting his sandals on him the other day but he kicked them right off so we may still wait on wearing shoes (I have been known to make socks disappear so I dont want to chance it with the shoes). Thayne has started to recognize things around him, he even plays with the rattles on his bouncy seat. It has been fun noticing how he reacts to light, and the sounds of our voices-he has even started to "talk" and "coo" which has been fun. The other day he was screaming and I was trying to get him to take a nap-I was getting frustrated (working on no sleep myself) and he just stopped, looked up, and smiled-it cracked me up!!! It also made me realize that God makes them cute bc that is their only self defense.

We look forward to what the next month will bring...we hope one of those things is more sleep!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

He is too adorable!! Sounds like things are going really well. :-)