Wow this month has just flown by...and I am so far behind on blogging so bare with me as I try to catch up on all that our little family has been up to. Starting with the 1st of July we all flew out to Utah in order to spend the 4th holiday with my family. Thayne was such a great traveler...he slept on both plane rides there and back!!! He is apparently just like his mom when it comes to traveling...30 min in a car, plane, or boat and he is snoozing.
We spent the 4th weekend in Bear Lake, Idaho where my family owns several cabins lake side. Thanks to Great Aunt Judy for letting us have a bed in the cabin and for allowing us all to make great family memories. Bear Lake is a huge tradition in my family so it was really neat to be able to share it with my own son. Mom and Kent took Thayne on his first four wheeler ride and on his first boat ride...he loved them both. We spent time relaxing on the beach and spending time with all the cousins. The firework show started past his bedtime, so maybe next year he will get to see them, but mom and dad sure enjoyed the show!
The last week of our trip was spent in SLC with the family. We took a trip up Immigration Canyon to Ruth's Diner, and then on Friday we spent the afternoon in Park City walking up and down Main Street. Saturday grandma and the Aunt's put together a beautiful shower/BBQ to show off Thayne to the rest of the family and to the Eakins side. We had a blast swimming in Great G &G's pool and catching up with everyone. It was a great ending to our trip and made it even harder to say goodbye (although I think Grandma took it the hardest!).
Since we have been home we have started right back into our routine. Thayne is doing great and growing like a weed. His recent 2 month check up this past Friday weighed him at 13 lbs and 8 oz and 24.5 inches long. The Doctor has been impressed with his growth and cant wait to see him again at 4 months. Thayne didnt care to much for his first set of shots (neither did mom :( ) but he took them like a champ and then passed right out on the ride home. Thayne once again traveled with us to Myrtle Beach for Nadean and Gene's wedding...it was a short trip but the wedding was beautiful and we had a good time as a family....we will head to the beach again soon.
Brian has been traveling a lot for work and spent last weekend in Indy and this weekend in West Memphis. Pop and Joyce decided to come for a visit and was a huge help to mom....I was actual able to head out for a few hours and join the girls for a bday party in Charlotte (and a glass of wine!!). While in town we took Pop, Joyce and Thayne to the Country club pool for lunch...Thayne is a water baby just like his mom so the next day we decided to head to Target and get a kiddie pool. He loves it!!! He definitely gets spoiled with the grandparents come in town...but that is what grandparents are for!!
I have been getting use to being a mom the last 9 weeks. He is such a good baby it makes it easier...I think I would have a better time if I could stop getting mastitis from breastfeeding. So far I have had 3 infections so it makes it a little frustrating...but the schedule is getting easier with him sleeping close to 7 hrs at a time now so I cant complain to much. Brian and I are trying to decide when I will go back to work and for how long each day....August is going to be a big month with heading back to work and the Outer Banks for our last Summer vacation...I will try to update again before then!
Below are some pictures from the events I talked about...I plan to get my announcements out shortly and will then post a link to the professional pictures we had taken last month for our family photos. Until then love from the Boyle house!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So cute! Thayne is getting so big...
Post a Comment