I am going to try and update more then once a month, but things are moving and changing so fast right now it is hard to keep up! Thayne is getting bigger and bigger every day. It is funny how the little things that change remind me and Brian of just how big he is getting-I.E. while we were in the OBX (Outer Banks, NC) we noticed that he kept slumping down in his car seat..turns out we needed to raise up his straps to the next level bc he is so long..presto-he sits up straight again! or like when we tried to put him in his PJ's that we swore were to big only to find out that his feet dont fit in them! He is getting cuter and cuter tho..and each day brings something fun and exciting.
Now for the updates....
I started back to work this month and so far things are going well. I am able to bring Thayne with me (which we are very thankful for) and we usually stay for 3-4 hours. It has been good for both of us since I am able to get out of the house and do something other then take care of dirty diapers, and it is teaching Thayne how to nap any where. I swear I am so lucky to have a kid that will eat anything and sleep any where...makes life easier! I looked into getting a sitter for a few hours twice a week so that will start in September. We live near Belmont Abbey College and they have a babysitter list that gets distributed throughout the county-I was able to meet with a young lady who already cares for a 3 month old boy so I think it will be a good fit. Brian has been busy traveling for Schneider doing the trucking audits-I miss out on going to Green Bay this year (again) but Thayne and I are going to join him in SLC in Nov which will be fun. Work is work and things are moving along-we are thankful everyday we open the doors.
I recently have still been having issues with my kidney stones...to date I have had 4 stones while pregnant and 2 stones since Thayne. I had a CT Scan two weeks ago and the results show that I have numerous stones in both kidneys. The Urologist suggests that we break up the stone on my right side with a laser so that it will pass easier since it is so large...so that will be taking place on Wed 8.26. It is an out patient procedure but I do have to go under anesthesia, we will follow up in 2 weeks to see if it worked..if it did we do the left side...if not we try again. I also made the decision to stop nursing Thayne. I gave it my best shot and unfortunately dealt with 3 infections and horrible pain-which is a bummer because I was really looking forward to nursing. I finally decided that I would be a better mom and wife if I was not so cranky and in pain all the time. Thayne has taken to formula very well and I am feeling like myself again (after two weeks of hell...they should make a pill to stop the milk!) I hope I will once again be 100% healthy after we get these stones taken care of...BTW they have no reason as to why I have them or what caused them.
Just last week we were able to get together with Brian's college buddies and their families in the Outer Banks, NC. We decided not to drive the 8 hrs and instead fly to Norfolk, VA and then drive down to the Southern Shores which is about 75 miles....that was the best idea ever! We left Thur the 20th and stayed through to Sunday-we had a blast! It was so great to see everyone-some we had not seen since our wedding two years ago. All the kids have grown up and it was great to get them all together again. The weather was not great-but a bad day at the beach is still a day at the beach! Hurricane Bill was a threat off the Atlantic coast so we did get some rain and lots of waves....I will post pics of Thayne's first visit to the Ocean!
Our Wedding anniversary is coming up on 9/7/09 and we will be celebrating two years!!! Since that is also Labor Day weekend we have decided to drive up to KY to see my dad and Corinne. Then the following weekend we will be visited by my mom and Brian's Dad and Joyce-Thayne is going to be on grandparent overload...but we are all excited to see everyone again! September also brings FOOTBALL for our family this is a very exciting time for us. As most of you know Brian and I are huge FBALL fans and are part of a fantasy FBall league...this coming Sunday 8/30 we will host the fantasy draft at our house...so Thayne will be introduced to his mom's one true passion (and NO I will not draft Favre now that he is a Viking).
Thayne has become quite the little chatter box lately...which is really cute! I have recorded him talking away and will share the link so that you can all hear his cute little voice...I am trying to get him to laugh so I will share that once we can get him to cooperate. For now that about does it for the Boyle family....I will try to update again soon.
**here is the link to the audio clip of Thayne chattering away** http://chirb.it/cv34Ib
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh my heck how I can relate in so many ways to the breast feeding stories!!! LOL Drying up is the most horrible part of it all...exactly no one tells you that. It is worse than having the baby, LOL. I had to give up at 11 weeks because Grace wasn't doing good with my milk. It was so hard because I wanted to do it too but I felt the same way you did. We would all be happier if formula sets better with her. I completely understand. Thayne is so handsome and has already done so much and been to so many places. That lucky little man!
So I HAVE TO SEE YOU...when you come in November. SERIOUSLY You need to call me, please!
Congrats on your 2 year anniversary and many more to come!
Love you so much and miss you,
Lins & fam
I'm sorry the nursing thing didn't work out. I tried and survived for 5 months with Carter, but that was 5 months of pumping a ton and supplementing with formula. You can only do so much!
Thayne is getting so big and so cute. Good luck with all the kidney stone stuff, that sucks really bad. Sorry.
Post a Comment