Friday, October 17, 2008

Girlfriends!

After reading my husbands heart felt post about the passing of his dog Will, it made me think about all the people who have touched my life...mainly the women in my life. Recently I started searching for long lost friends; those that I consider to be some of my very first friends, and it is interesting how easy it is to connect to one another now with the internet, cell phones, and blogs-yet we have been distant for so long. As I look through Myspace, Facebook, and blog postings of the last few years of their lives it made me really appreciate the friendship we once had. I have many wonderful girl friends and women in my life now-but I cant help think about those first girl friends that showed me what it was like to have sleep overs, to like boys, and to curl my hair!!! I have always been one to say that I am better friends with boys then girls-mostly bc I am a huge tom boy and love football...but when I really think about it it is the women in my life (both past and present) who have helped create the person I am today. Not a day goes by when I think about elem. school and the fun we had in SLC and the times I spent in AZ & I cant help but wonder what those girls are up to know-do they have families? where do they live, work, etc? Part of me wonders if that means the friendship never really ended-it was just put on hold until we grew up and were able to reconnect again as adults. Life is full of changes and time flies by so there is not always time to keep tabs on those we care about the most-a lesson I have learned living so far away from my family. So I guess what I am trying to say is thank you to all the girl-friends I have had and have now in my life. It is very important to have Women in our lives-and I want to just say how grateful I am for those who are a part of mine.

4 comments:

The Philpot Family said...

OH MY HECK YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!!!!!! I miss you so much and cherish the friendship we had so long ago. You are such an amazing person and I knew you would be so sucessful at whatever you came across in life. If you ever come to Utah you HAVE to call me so we can meet up. You can see my kids and meet my husband and most of all I can give you a big hug! FYI you are totally a tomboy and the boys always were all over you! LOL Call me, write me, check in with our blog. Love you and miss you!

Lindsay
maxlinphilpot@hotmail.com
435-843-7433

Anonymous said...

If this is a taste of what my fairwell dinner is going to entail, I might have to call in sick. I LOVE YOU B.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

It is so funny that you wrote this. Just the same day as your post I had lunch with my oldest and closest friend - it takes us a month to plan an hour lunch - but we laughed, shopped and enjoyed seeing each other again. As we left she called just to let me know she was feeling so grateful for long-time friendships. We figure we have been friends through all sorts of stages of our lives during the last 20 plus years. So, you are very right. . . girlfriends mean everything - and will be there through it all! Gotta love Girlfriends! And Daughters who grow up to become friends! Love ya, Mom

The Philpot Family said...

oh I love the new look of the blog. Darling Digitals does an amazing job and now I can see the picture of you and your hubby better. You are goregous as ever!