Friday, January 16, 2009

Eating for two....

This morning Thayne and I went in for our 23 week check up. Everything so far has checked out great-all the labs are coming back normal, and we were able to hear the heartbeat again (which is so neat). I can tell he is getting bigger bc I feel him more and more-and the nurse was able to find the heartbeat right away. One concern they did have is that I am not gaining enough weight (which makes me laugh). Since I started seeing the Dr I have only gained 9lbs-which for anyone who knows me is a major accomplishment! Not to gloat but for some reason I have never been able to put on weight....So the nurse/DR suggested that I try having a milkshake everyday-which I then informed her I do at least 5 days out of the week bc I have a great milkshake maker at home! I am not sure how I am going to accomplish their request but somehow I have to try and gain 30-40 lbs total before delivery which is in the next 4-5 months. I will keep you posted-we will be taking another belly picture next week at our 6 month (24 week) mark. Hope all is well-and any tips on what to eat that will fatten me up let me know!!!

No comments: