Sorry it has taken me so long to blog with an update....so much has happened the last 3 weeks my head is still spinning.
Where do I start-
Brian and I hopped in our first automobile on Dec 19th to go visit his Dad and family in Allentown, PA. Normally this is not a terrible drive, but I guess when your pregnant wife has to pee every 2 hours it makes it really difficult to stay patient! We finally arrived around 1AM Saturday morning..with very little weather issues. Pop and Joyce made us a wonderful Christmas feast with all the fixins' and then we opened presents from Santa! Later that night we had the chance to meet up with Brian's Aunt Char and Aunt Maria and his grandfather "Pop-Pop" at a local dive (by the way Joyce had the largest lemon meringue pie I had ever seen). It was so nice to visit with all of them and hear Pop-Pop's stories! Sunday we had a great breakfast, the boys went to church while Joyce and I dug through Pop's house looking for baby stuff. I found Brian's luvie blanket from when we has little, and the cutest growth chart...I also found the outfits that Brian and Sean were baptized in so we plan on getting it cleaned and letting Thayne wear it! Sunday afternoon we headed back home to Charlotte.
24 hours later we both hopped on our first of many plane rides on our way to SLC, Utah to visit my family for the Christmas Holiday. We got in late on the 23rd-Brian spent the 24th with my mom, Kent, and his boys at the Canyons skiing (I dont ski pregnant or not)and later met up with me and Boo at the house for our Christmas Eve Dinner. Everyone had A LOT of fun Christmas Eve...but what happens in mom's basement should stay in mom's basement to spare all you weirdo's some major embarrasment!!! Christmas Day was beautiful and covered with white snow as always for that time of year-we opened presents, ate breakfast, showered...and then headed off to grandma's house. My Aunt Judy hosts a party the day after Christmas where we are able to get together with the other half of our family (we are just to big to all be in the same place...oh and VERY VERY LOUD). Later that night Brian and I headed out to Toole to meet up with a long time friend of mine from 3rd grade. It was so great to catch up with their family and we look forward to hanging out again next time we are out that way. Brian spent as much time as he could skiing before we had to part ways. I left Sunday the 28th but Brian stayed behind until Monday night for business.
24 hours later....I hopped on another flight on my way to Lexington, KY for New Years with my Dad. Ashley met me there and we were able to spend a late Christmas and the NYE holiday with Dad and Corinne. Brian drove up on NYE night with Tonka and thankfully made it in time to give me a NYE kiss! We had a small party with friends at Dad's house, watch the ball drop...and then headed to bed. The next morning after opening gifts we settled in to watch Penn State play (and I use that term loosely bc I think they forgot they had a game that day) in the Rose Bowl. After the horrific display of football Brian and I decided it was best to stay and get some rest and wake up at 4AM to drive back home. We got on the road on time, little weather issues (although I was asleep most of the time) but then just as everything is going well-we find ourselves stuck on I-40 for hours. Thankfully we were near an exit with a gas station which I finally decided to get out and walk to before I exploded! Tonka did so well in the car-couldn't ask for a better dog...but every time we leave the house now he looks at us like "I don't care if you leave but I am NOT getting in that care with you". We made it home safe and have started to get back to the normal schedule.
It was so nice to see everyone and spend time with family-we hope all of you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Next year we have both decided that staying home will be our best option....so everyone can come visit us next year!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment